The batik stars are with Janet the longarm lady now. I don’t have a picture of the entire top together because I had nowhere to hang it to get the whole thing in the picture. I didn’t want to lay it on the bed because of cat issues – I know Janet has allergies and I didn’t want to add to what was already on the quilt top. I try very hard to keep cats out of the sewing area, but even though I close the door, I have a little friend (Harry) who is constantly opening it.
It took me forever to get the back put together. I pieced the entire thing, so it’s kind of a quilt unto itself. After adding the extra inches, I knew I wouldn’t be able to just piece it all at once, so I divided it into quarters and then put them together. Here is a pic of just one of the quarters –
Believe it or not, I still have a nearly full tub of batik fabrics, in addition to all the charm squares. Need to find something good to do with them all. I think I will use some of them to make some pillow covers to match the quilts.
For the next couple of weeks I will be making the binding – which will be white, but it means I will have to put a lot of pieces together. It would be nice to have it all together and ready by the time I get the quilt back, and I probably have until the beginning of April because Janet was pretty booked up. That’s good – I’m sure I will need the time.
The next big project I will be tackling will be mainly pink, of which I am not a big fan, but it will be for a special little girl I have been meaning to make something for quite some time. Layla may be helping me on that one.
That’s all for now. Thanks for stopping by!