Haven’t been doing too much of anything the last couple of days. Everyone in the house is still feeling the effects of being sick for a couple of weeks.
The Tropical Birds wall hanging has a new border and the top is finished – if you remember, when I put the blocks together, I thought it was just a little too much green. My solution – add orange:
As far as I am concerned, orange ALWAYS works. I will use the dark green for the binding. However, after looking at these blocks for a few weeks, I am thinking that perhaps instead of calling it Tropical Birds, I should call it Decapitated Birds. I don’t know- too sick?
I am anxious to start on the next piece in the Rainbow Project – green is up next. I also promised Layla a small wall hanging to put up behind her bed, and I found a great piece of pink just for that. I haven’t really done a lot in pink before, so maybe instead of going into more green in that next RP piece, I will work on the pink for a break.
Other than that, I haven’t done much of anything else except try to keep up on school work. I did take some pictures of some things Casey is growing right now – he has some chives and green onions that are starting to go to seed-
I love the purples of the chives-
And the green onion hasn’t quite blossomed out yet-
I love photographing plants up close. It’s like entering a secret world.
That’s it for now. Thanks for stopping by!