On Friday, I got the call that Janet was finished with the green and brown kaleidoscope quilt. Yesterday I started putting the binding on. I used the machine to attach it to the front, but then I sewed it by hand to the back. It has been a very long time since I did so much hand sewing and I really enjoyed it – even if I did have a headache afterwards. I would love to start cross stitching again – I know I would enjoy it immensely. I just have to get some new glasses!
Anyway, here is the finished quilt-
And I love the material I found for the back –
The funny thing is that when I bought this, I was just drawn to the green – it was only after hanging it up I realized that it has the same teal as I used on the front –
I’ve had a few serendipitous things happening lately – this is one more I can add to the list! You can kind of see the quilting that Janet did –
Well, maybe you can’t see it that well, but take my word for it, it looks great! I think Alexis is going to like it.
I also started quilting the BOM quilt for Layla. I just wanted to do some simple echo quilting around the colored shapes. The first couple I did looked horrid – the back was all screwy. And I couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t feeding through very well, and I was using a walking foot. Then I realized that the front of the foot wasn’t moving very well – somehow, I managed to twist it out of place and I don’t know if it is a permanent problem. Thankfully I have another walking foot that as soon as I started using it, everything looked much better. So I am off to work on that some more, and after that one, I will attempt to quilt the fishbowl quilt for Harry.
Thanks for stopping by!