Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Random Notions – Busy Day

Good news – the other three textbooks sold, so I got back a little more than three-fourths of what I originally paid for them.  It will pay for gas for a week or 10 days- yay!

So it was hard to get much done today.  The shower in Alexis and Mike’s room is being replaced and when the old boards from behind the tile were being removed, I had to make sure Harry was downstairs because they were rather moldy and I didn’t want the kid around it as it was torn down.  Between watching Harry downstairs and running back up every bit to check my girls, it wasn't much of a "me" day.  Whenever the girls hear the doorbell ring, they run to hide under the covers on my bed.  I wanted to make sure they were still breathing – they were both under there for about 7 hours straight!

So I got the bottom half of the first quarter of the geese together, but it wasn’t exactly what I had in mind- I don’t know what I was thinking.  This is how I wanted it to look as an 18” square –
But this is what I wound up with for the bottom of that part–
I should probably have marked my lines better on the paper so I could remember exactly what I was trying to do.  I may still add a little to the right side so I can take some off the left to get more like what I wanted in the first place.  I was just cutting strips big enough to get to each junction and trimming off – it seems easier than trying to figure out exact dimensions.  Is there a better way?

While I was trying to slide around in my chair, I realized I wasn’t sliding too well.  If you have been reading my stuff for very long, you know I am a very messy sewer, so when I turned the chair upside down, I wasn’t terribly surprised to find all five casters looking something like this –
I spent part of this evening pulling all of the garbage out of the wheels.  I tried using a pair of scissors and a seam ripper before I got out an X-acto (sp?) knife to work on it.  When I was done, this is what I had-
The tissue wasn’t stuck in the wheels- I used it when I cut myself to stop the blood flow.  Well, it was pretty much worth it, I can slide about much better now.  I love this chair – when the real estate company I was working for decided to get new furniture, I asked if I could my old desk chair and they said yes.  I’ve glad because it is the best thing I ever got there after seven long years!  LOL

I need to mention that today was also a little blue because it would have been Kelly’s 60th birthday and my dad’s 86th.  I didn’t say anything to anyone, but Mom brought it up at dinner.  Kelly has been gone almost four and a half years, my dad seventeen.  It’s amazing how quickly time passes.

I will try to be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the many idiots on the Internet, comments are now moderated. Sorry.