This has turned into a major redesign event. This room is on the second floor with old windows that leak and our backyard is 10,000 square feet of dirt – we have three dogs that are constantly running out there. I have raised so much dust in the room I can’t stop sneezing. Furniture has been moved and removed – I have to take out a corner desk and a short shelf. Problem with the desk is it has to be taken apart to get it out the door. Not too sure at this point what I will do with the stuff that was on the shelf- so much stuff already has been thrown away – no one better ask me to do any spring cleaning in a couple of months.
The computer had to be moved to the right by about 3 feet, which meant the Internet was down for the rest of the house for half an hour but I got it all back together. The printer is finally plugged back in – it’s been down a few days. My poor little goddess, my Singer Athena, has spent the entire day outside the room and I still have to figure out how to get her back in, along with Layla’s machine. It’s only 630 pm and I am so tired and hungry, and feeling a little frustrated. But what I have gotten done looks and feels right – the center of the room is feeling more open and comfortable and I think I will be able to work in here a lot easier.
I do have to say that as much as I miss Layla and Harry, this has been easier to get through without them here. They will both be very surprised when they return and see this room!
Of course, the whole time I am dusting and moving things about, all I can think about is when is my machine going to be back in here so I can sew! As I was taking stuff off the shelf, I found some material I had cut and started to sew together over a year ago to make a small laptop cover- I just love this material –
I didn’t get very far with it because I wasn’t really sure how to go about what I wanted. Now I am wondering if I can just do the same thing as with the change purse, just making it bigger. Hopefully tomorrow Athena will be back in business. J